Hold notifications

KJ
Kambestad, Janae
Wed, Nov 9, 2016 6:49 PM

I would like your advice/tips-and-tricks on notifying patrons that a hold is available. Currently we call patrons, but because our holds have increased dramatically in the last year we end up spending several hours every day making these phone calls. I would like to change to automated email notifications and want to hear from others who are already doing so.

If you are sending email notifications to patrons about hold availability, what do you do in cases when you do not have the patron's email? Do you contact them by postal mail, phone, or some other way?

Thanks,

Janae Kambestad
Circulation Supervisor
Burbank Central Library
110 N Glenoaks Blvd
Burbank CA 91502

www.burbanklibrary.comhttp://www.burbanklibrary.com

I would like your advice/tips-and-tricks on notifying patrons that a hold is available. Currently we call patrons, but because our holds have increased dramatically in the last year we end up spending several hours every day making these phone calls. I would like to change to automated email notifications and want to hear from others who are already doing so. If you are sending email notifications to patrons about hold availability, what do you do in cases when you do not have the patron's email? Do you contact them by postal mail, phone, or some other way? Thanks, Janae Kambestad Circulation Supervisor Burbank Central Library 110 N Glenoaks Blvd Burbank CA 91502 www.burbanklibrary.com<http://www.burbanklibrary.com> [Description: Home]
QM
Quillman, Margaret
Thu, Nov 10, 2016 9:30 PM

Hi Janae,

At Palo Alto, we use email for all notices. For the few people who don't have an email address in their account, we send printed notices. Our system (Sierra) allows our customers to opt in to getting text messages as a supplement. (That is, they would get the text and the email, or the text and the printed notice.)

Peggy Quillman
Library Associate
Palo Alto Downtown Library

I would like your advice/tips-and-tricks on notifying patrons that a hold is available. Currently we call patrons, but because our holds have increased dramatically in the last year we end up spending several hours every day making these phone calls. I would like to change to automated email notifications and want to hear from others who are already doing so.

If you are sending email notifications to patrons about hold availability, what do you do in cases when you do not have the patron's email? Do you contact them by postal mail, phone, or some other way?

Thanks,

Janae Kambestad
Circulation Supervisor
Burbank Central Library
110 N Glenoaks Blvd
Burbank CA 91502

www.burbanklibrary.comhttp://www.burbanklibrary.com

Hi Janae, At Palo Alto, we use email for all notices. For the few people who don't have an email address in their account, we send printed notices. Our system (Sierra) allows our customers to opt in to getting text messages as a supplement. (That is, they would get the text and the email, or the text and the printed notice.) Peggy Quillman Library Associate Palo Alto Downtown Library From: Circulation [mailto:circulation-bounces@listserv.cla-net.org] On Behalf Of Kambestad, Janae Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2016 10:50 AM To: circulation@listserv.cla-net.org Subject: [Circulation] Hold notifications I would like your advice/tips-and-tricks on notifying patrons that a hold is available. Currently we call patrons, but because our holds have increased dramatically in the last year we end up spending several hours every day making these phone calls. I would like to change to automated email notifications and want to hear from others who are already doing so. If you are sending email notifications to patrons about hold availability, what do you do in cases when you do not have the patron's email? Do you contact them by postal mail, phone, or some other way? Thanks, Janae Kambestad Circulation Supervisor Burbank Central Library 110 N Glenoaks Blvd Burbank CA 91502 www.burbanklibrary.com<http://www.burbanklibrary.com> [Description: Home]