Fines and internet use

JJ
Jennifer Johnson
Thu, Dec 20, 2018 7:46 PM

Hi,

As our system hires new blood, we're taking a fresh look at a lot of our policies and procedures.

For those of you who are not fine free, does having fines over a certain amount block a patron from using the internet?

Thanks
Jenn

[Library logo email 131 pixels 3-11-14]

Jenn Johnson
Lead Librarian
Circulation
City of Carlsbad
1775 Dove Lane
Carlsbad, CA 92011
www.carlsbadlibrary.orghttp://www.carlsbadlibrary.org/

760-602-2059 or 760-434-2888| 760-602-7942 fax | Jennifer.johnson@carlsbadca.govmailto:Jennifer.johnson@carlsbadca.gov

Hi, As our system hires new blood, we're taking a fresh look at a lot of our policies and procedures. For those of you who are not fine free, does having fines over a certain amount block a patron from using the internet? Thanks Jenn [Library logo email 131 pixels 3-11-14] Jenn Johnson Lead Librarian Circulation City of Carlsbad 1775 Dove Lane Carlsbad, CA 92011 www.carlsbadlibrary.org<http://www.carlsbadlibrary.org/> 760-602-2059 or 760-434-2888| 760-602-7942 fax | Jennifer.johnson@carlsbadca.gov<mailto:Jennifer.johnson@carlsbadca.gov>
TE
Thomas Edelblute
Thu, Dec 20, 2018 9:17 PM

Our system stops people from logging in when their fine threshold is $15.00 or more.

As our system hires new blood, we're taking a fresh look at a lot of our policies and procedures.

For those of you who are not fine free, does having fines over a certain amount block a patron from using the internet?

Thanks
Jenn

[Library logo email 131 pixels 3-11-14]

Jenn Johnson
Lead Librarian
Circulation
City of Carlsbad
1775 Dove Lane
Carlsbad, CA 92011
www.carlsbadlibrary.orghttp://www.carlsbadlibrary.org/

760-602-2059 or 760-434-2888| 760-602-7942 fax | Jennifer.johnson@carlsbadca.govmailto:Jennifer.johnson@carlsbadca.gov

THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAWS. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, forwarding, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail or telephone, and delete the original message immediately. Thank you.

Our system stops people from logging in when their fine threshold is $15.00 or more. From: Circulation <circulation-bounces@listserv.cla-net.org> On Behalf Of Jennifer Johnson Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2018 11:47 AM To: circulation@listserv.cla-net.org Subject: [Circulation] Fines and internet use Hi, As our system hires new blood, we're taking a fresh look at a lot of our policies and procedures. For those of you who are not fine free, does having fines over a certain amount block a patron from using the internet? Thanks Jenn [Library logo email 131 pixels 3-11-14] Jenn Johnson Lead Librarian Circulation City of Carlsbad 1775 Dove Lane Carlsbad, CA 92011 www.carlsbadlibrary.org<http://www.carlsbadlibrary.org/> 760-602-2059 or 760-434-2888| 760-602-7942 fax | Jennifer.johnson@carlsbadca.gov<mailto:Jennifer.johnson@carlsbadca.gov> ________________________________ THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAWS. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, forwarding, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail or telephone, and delete the original message immediately. Thank you.