gamesandgaming@listserv.cla-net.org

CLA Games and Gaming Interest Group

View all threads

Re: [Games & Gaming] Welcome and Introductions

KS
Kate Shumaker
Wed, Mar 22, 2017 9:23 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm the Teen Librarian at Altadena Library district (LA area). We have a good circulating video game collection and a robust programming collection of games. My monthly game days are my highest attended events with teens exploring our new VR setup, the WiiU, and a variety of board games. We are considering beginning a new family game night at the library possibly in the fall.

We are currently undergoing a mini-remodel, and when we reopen, I'd like to have games be a permanent part of the teen area. I've also had fun with impromptu gaming sessions in the teen space. My teens especially love Super Smash Bros.

I'm really excited about this group, and I can't wait to share different ideas back and forth.

Best,
Kate

Kate Shumaker
Teen Librarian
Altadena Library District
600 East Mariposa Street, Altadena, CA 91001
(626) 798-0833 ext. 119
kshumaker@altadenalibrary.orgmailto:kshumaker@altadenalibrary.org

[...]
TV
Thomas Vose
Thu, Mar 23, 2017 10:56 PM

Hello all - great to hear from you!

I'm currently the Director for the Palmdale City Library, and will be for a few more weeks, anyway - I'll be moving to Maryland for a new position shortly.  At Palmdale we do Dungeons and Dragons every other week, Wii U free play and tournaments, and have done family board gaming nights.  Minecraft is also installed to the childrens' computers, and we have board games available for in-house play.  I plan to look into Switch gaming going forward.

Thomas Vose
Director, Palmdale City Library
700 E Palmdale Blvd.
Palmdale, CA 93550
661-267-5622

[...]

Hello all - great to hear from you! I'm currently the Director for the Palmdale City Library, and will be for a few more weeks, anyway - I'll be moving to Maryland for a new position shortly. At Palmdale we do Dungeons and Dragons every other week, Wii U free play and tournaments, and have done family board gaming nights. Minecraft is also installed to the childrens' computers, and we have board games available for in-house play. I plan to look into Switch gaming going forward. Thomas Vose Director, Palmdale City Library 700 E Palmdale Blvd. Palmdale, CA 93550 661-267-5622 From: Gamesandgaming [mailto:gamesandgaming-bounces@listserv.cla-net.org] On Behalf Of Kate Shumaker Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 2:23 PM To: gamesandgaming@listserv.cla-net.org Subject: Re: [Games & Gaming] Welcome and Introductions Hi everyone, I'm the Teen Librarian at Altadena Library district (LA area). We have a good circulating video game collection and a robust programming collection of games. My monthly game days are my highest attended events with teens exploring our new VR setup, the WiiU, and a variety of board games. We are considering beginning a new family game night at the library possibly in the fall. We are currently undergoing a mini-remodel, and when we reopen, I'd like to have games be a permanent part of the teen area. I've also had fun with impromptu gaming sessions in the teen space. My teens especially love Super Smash Bros. I'm really excited about this group, and I can't wait to share different ideas back and forth. Best, Kate Kate Shumaker Teen Librarian Altadena Library District 600 East Mariposa Street, Altadena, CA 91001 (626) 798-0833 ext. 119 kshumaker@altadenalibrary.org<mailto:kshumaker@altadenalibrary.org>
TV
Thomas Vose
Thu, Mar 23, 2017 11:00 PM

VR, eh?  Would you be interested in maybe doing a session on it at CLA?

[...]

VR, eh? Would you be interested in maybe doing a session on it at CLA? Thomas Vose Director, Palmdale City Library 700 E Palmdale Blvd. Palmdale, CA 93550 661-267-5622 From: Gamesandgaming [mailto:gamesandgaming-bounces@listserv.cla-net.org] On Behalf Of Kate Shumaker Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 2:23 PM To: gamesandgaming@listserv.cla-net.org Subject: Re: [Games & Gaming] Welcome and Introductions Hi everyone, I'm the Teen Librarian at Altadena Library district (LA area). We have a good circulating video game collection and a robust programming collection of games. My monthly game days are my highest attended events with teens exploring our new VR setup, the WiiU, and a variety of board games. We are considering beginning a new family game night at the library possibly in the fall. We are currently undergoing a mini-remodel, and when we reopen, I'd like to have games be a permanent part of the teen area. I've also had fun with impromptu gaming sessions in the teen space. My teens especially love Super Smash Bros. I'm really excited about this group, and I can't wait to share different ideas back and forth. Best, Kate Kate Shumaker Teen Librarian Altadena Library District 600 East Mariposa Street, Altadena, CA 91001 (626) 798-0833 ext. 119 kshumaker@altadenalibrary.org<mailto:kshumaker@altadenalibrary.org>